Terms and Conditions for Ballinduin Bothy
Terms and Conditions of Let
The Accommodation: Ballinduin Bothy, Strathtay, Pitlochry, Perthshire, PH9 0LP.
The Owner: Stewart Jamieson, Ballinduin, Strathtay, Perthshire, PH9 0LP.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by ALL members of the party. By completing our booking procedure you agree:
1. To limit the number of people occupying the property to a maximum of 6 guests unless by prior agreement of the owner.
2. To pay a deposit of 20% on booking, with the balance payable 6 weeks before the start of your holiday. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the start of your holiday, the full rent is payable at the time of booking. Failure to pay any rental charges will result in the owner treating the property as available for re-letting.
3. To accept that a completed booking agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing.
4. To notify any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due. If the accommodation is re-let at the full rate, a full refund, less an administration fee of £20 will be made. If re-let at a lesser rate, a partial refund will be made pro rata. If not re-let then no refund will be made. To safeguard against cancellation charges or other unforeseen eventualities, it is strongly advised that you purchase cancellation insurance.
5. To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking become unavailable through any cause, the owner’s liability is limited to repayment of any rent already paid.
6. To accept that pets are not allowed to be brought to the property.
7. To accept that the responsibility for personal property of the guests occupying the property is solely theirs. All motor vehicles are left at the owner’s risk. Guests agree to absolve the property owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
8. To use the property solely as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours or unreasonable behaviour by any member of the party will result in the owner asking guests to leave.
9. To allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
10. To be responsible for shutting and locking all exterior doors and windows and securing the property when absent or prior to sleep.
11. To respect and look after their accommodation during their stay, to minimise any fire risk and to leave the property clean and tidy with a full inventory. Electricity and heating should be used at the minimum level required, particularly when absent from the property.
12. To reimburse the owner for any breakages, loss or damage other than those due to fair wear and tear. A refundable deposit of £200 will be charged at the time of booking to cover these eventualities as well as for any additional cleaning. Refunds will be paid within 10 days of your leaving date.
13. Not to sub-let the property to another person or persons without the owner’s permission.
14. To vacate the property by 10:00 am on the final day of let. Failure to vacate the property promptly will incur a minimum charge of £50:00. Guest arrival time is from 4:00 pm onwards.
15. Not to smoke within the confines of the property. Smoking is allowed in the garden area provided cigarette ends are placed in the ash tray provided. If smoking occurs inside the property, this will result in the loss of your deposit.
16. To acknowledge that the property is accessed by a private road and as such is unsuitable for vehicles larger than a Luton Van, or a towed caravan.
17. To accept that the property is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act apply. This booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.